[SVN] Revision 1259 (markdown)

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:10:42 UTC 2005

> I think we should add:
>
> *ital *ic*
>
> as a case. The whole thing should be italisized, not just the second
> part.

I'm not convinced that this is true -

But if you surround an * or _ with spaces, it'll be treated as a
literal asterisk or underscore.

The second * is hardly _surrounded_ by spaces.  I think we should just
leave this because it's easy enough to get around (surrounded it with
spaces, or escape the *), and will add even more complexity to an
already complicated regexp.

> Also we need to add this case:
>
> * not *italic*
>
> The first star should not be allowed to be followed by a space in the
> pattern. Not sure how to fix that.

This works for me - any line starting with * gets matched by the
markup.list.unnumbered rule.  Maybe you don't have a blank line
afterwards?

Hadley