[SVN] Revision 1237

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Jun 24 06:45:28 UTC 2005

On 24/06/2005, at 8.08, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> Yes, they seem alike, but the constraints are too different to
> allow for
> a similar basis.

I do know that one is an SGML application and the other is XML :)
However for practical purposes in TM they could often be treated the
same, rather than have to duplicate all snippets, commands, macros,
scope specific settings a.s.o. for both languages (or specify both
scopes for the misc. things). I wasn't talking about basing the
language grammar on the same root (although the _recommended_ use of
XHTML is a subset of HTML).

More like having: text.markup.xml.xhtml and text.markup.sgml.html as
scope names. But unfortunately it doesn't really work, since then
latex and such should also be text.markup, and then the common root
is sort of gone (to broad), just as now, with text.