[SVN] weird problem with a latex file

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 7 17:22:28 UTC 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:31 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2005, at 10:26, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> Now I am guessing it has to do either with some regular expressions
>> not being right
>
> Yes, it's the patterns I made to handle nested brackets in the
> arguments.
>
> Seems it's quite easy to trigger exponential time matching with
> Oniguruma and recursive subexps.
>
> I'll remove the patterns, and people will just have to live with
> broken matching for these cases until I improve the include situation
> -- or someone could craft some patterns that doesn't trigger
> exponential running time.

So, this is what is happening now, it's even more weird. If I try to
open in TextMate the file that I was testing on, that TM was freezing
on, then TM now silently terminates with the following message in the
console:

*** graph path stack full: 27+5 (1, 24)
TextMate debug: 27 bits used

On the other hand, I can open just fine other files that contain the
insulting code that was causing this problem, and they are colored just
fine, modulo the broken matching. No crashes or anything.

I'll give it at try with the regular expressions. I was thinking, along
the way, of unifying the two function commands, with or without
arguments.

Haris