[SVN] weird problem with a latex file

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 7 08:26:33 UTC 2005

I have the following  seemingly very weird problem. I have a tex file,
that I try to open with textmate. Admittedly it is not a very simple
file, but nonetheless, TM opens it, but does not color it. If at this
point I try to type something in the file, then I get spinning beach
ball. I can select and delete parts of the file. I can even remove
enough to bring the file down a text that by itself, in a new window,
would have been processed just fine. But the moment I try to edit
anything, it freezes. I have managed to eliminate the problem to the
following section:

\newcommand{\uint}{\mathop{\mathchoice%
   {\rlap{\smash{$\displaystyle\intop\limits^{\uintbar}$}}}%
   {\rlap{\smash{$\textstyle\intop\limits^{\uintbar}$}}}%
   {\rlap{\smash{$\scriptstyle\intop\limits^{\uintbar}$}}}%
   {\rlap{\smash{$\scriptscriptstyle\intop\limits^{\uintbar}$}}}%
   }\!\int}

I thought this might be related to the presence of the comment tags %,
but I removed them and get the same problem. Now I am guessing it has
to do either with some regular expressions not being right, or it
involves a deep enough nesting that it transcends TM's capabilities. I
sure hope it's the former, and I'll try to see if I can figure it out.

Haris