[SVN] Naming the svn diff commands

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Thu Jun 2 08:52:56 UTC 2005

On 02-06-2005 10:31, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Speaking of ordering, is there any reason why the commands are not
> alphabetized (i.e. they are not priority sorted or similar!?!)?

I agree, the ordering does not make much sense at the moment. I think
that the best one would be alphabetical, because it differs from user to
user what is the most important item in there.

> And speaking of names. Would it be okay to call “Working copy” for
> “Last update” or similar? to me, working copy is the copy I'm working
> on (and not the last update/checkout I did). But maybe this is svn
> documentation terminology?

Working copy is the copy you are working on in SVN terminology AFAIK.

Why is the (BASE), (HEAD), (REV) suffix there? they are a bit confusing,
at least to me.

And maybe the "with" should be removed altogether to make it shorter or
at least make the W lowercase there.

Jeroen.
--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>