[SVN] Naming the svn diff commands

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jun 2 08:31:48 UTC 2005

As you may have noticed, when opening an OS X menu one can press a
letter to go to the first item with that letter.

This works pretty good for svn support except for the diff commands,
because there are 5 items starting with D, and, to make matters
worse, the OS sorts these, and selects the first (after sorting)
which is the last in the menu.

So I'd like to suggest that we either,
  1) rename the items, maybe use “against” instead of “with”.
  2) move the item that the OS selects on D first (so selecting the
non-first item with D is always D + arrow down, and not (as now) D +
arrow up).

Speaking of ordering, is there any reason why the commands are not
alphabetized (i.e. they are not priority sorted or similar!?!)?

And speaking of names. Would it be okay to call “Working copy” for
“Last update” or similar? to me, working copy is the copy I'm working
on (and not the last update/checkout I did). But maybe this is svn
documentation terminology?