[SVN] HTML/markup classes

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Tue Jan 18 05:11:43 UTC 2005

Greetings all,

Here's a strawman chart for converting HTML.plist to the new scheme.
I'm posting this rather than immediately making the changesbecause I'd
like to get feedback on the names, many of which are rather arbitrary.

I've chosen to make all the classes generic (*.html rather than
*.html.*) even where the classes are not applicable to all languages
because XML and SGML share much of the same syntax, and I don't see
anything here that wouldn't be valid for all three.

XML Declaration meta.docinfo.processing.xml  # XML processing
instruction
Document Type meta.docinfo.doctype.html
Identifiers and DTDs meta.docinfo.doctype.identifiers-and-DTDs.html
Bad Ampersand invalid.bad-ampersand.html
Bad Angle Bracket or Ampersand
invalid.bad-angle-bracket-or-ampersand.html
Bad Comment End invalid.bad-comment-end.html
Bad Comments or CDATA invalid.bad-comments-or-CDATA.html
Incomplete Tag invalid.incomplete.html
Comments comments.block.html
Double Quoted String strings.double-quoted.html
Single Quoted String strings.single-quoted.html
Embedded CSS embedded-language.css.html
Embedded PHP embedded-language.php.html
Embedded Ruby embedded-language.ruby.html
HTML Entities constants.entities.html
SGML Entities constants.entities.sgml
Character Data constants.inline-data.html # CDATA
Option keywords.markup.tag.options.html
Tags keywords.markup.tag.html
Server Side Includes keywords.preprocessor.html

Any thoughts?

Chris