[SVN] Re: ActionScript Bundle

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Mon Feb 28 03:25:27 UTC 2005

On Feb 27, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Roger Braunstein wrote:

>  I like how a lot of the bundles use applescript to do some of the
> GUI dirty work -- particularly impressed with HTML > Colorpicker....

Yes, but it's slow. Very, very, very slow. On a Dual 2 GHz G5, it takes
4 seconds to do a cold open of the color picker using that command.
Immediate repeated use is more like 1 or 2 seconds, which is still high
for a G5.

It might be interesting to use fs_usage and Shark to see where that
time goes. I suspect it's mostly spent instantiating AppleScript.

Chris