[SVN] Bundle commit 384

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Feb 28 00:22:38 UTC 2005

On Feb 27, 2005, at 22:46, Roger Braunstein wrote:

> -- find a way to help the user find the ActionScriptDictionary folder
> and set it to $TM_FLASH_HELP
> -- default value for $TM_FLASH_HELP before running these commands

I have committed a script that might prove as a solution. There's
currently no system in place, so this is actually the first attempt of
addressing the problem.

I wouldn't mind introducing some sort of setup system, as I don't think
it's optimal to have the user setup all these variables in the advanced
preferences -- but doing as in the script I just committed might be
sufficient.

To avoid having each bundle replicate the logic in that script, I'd
like to introduce a TM_SUPPORT_DIRECTORY variable that points to some
folder (in the TextMate.app bundle) with some shared resources that all
bundles can then use.

> -- move the perl script inside the .plist itself (i was having trouble
> with perl << EOF .. .code... EOF)

Most likely you just need to quote EOF, e.g.:

pl <<"EOF"
EOF

Without the quotes, the shell will do its magic, like expanding
variables ($foo) and stuff.