[SVN] Light -vs- Dark background syntax files

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Feb 11 00:32:39 UTC 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 21:59, Brad Miller wrote:

> Is there a better way that I'm missing?  Do you have a new scheme in
> mind for an upcoming release?

Currently there is no better way, but yes, I do have a new scheme in
mind.

I'm putting last hand on beta 5 currently and hope to release it either
before I go to sleep or tomorrow. Then I'll get to that renewed syntax
system that I have been planning more or less since the initial release
;)

I am however a little torn about whether I should do that for beta 6 or
if I should wrap up the loose ends in the current beta and release 1.1
(and then do it for 1.1.1b1). I'd prefer to start work on the syntax
system now (also because one loose end is the missing scope system,
which does sort of require that I either patch or rework the syntax
system), but releasing 1.1 has strategical benefits ;)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'd say do commit the syntax file,
and we can always remove it again when style sheets are introduced.