[SVN] Bundle commit 215

Bob Fleck bob at shmoo.com
Thu Feb 10 16:07:20 UTC 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 1:59 AM, Chris Thomas wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> And I'd suggest using stringByAbbreviatingWithTildeInPath (IIRC) on
>> the paths when showing these in the GUI -- I actually did do the
>> latter change myself, but then all sorts of problems with the new
>> tool that had no .svn directories. Do you have any trick for this? I
>> guess it's easier to remove old and add new instead of moving around
>> the files/directories.
>
> One way to make this work might be to commit the
> "build/CommitWindow.app" in CommitWindowProject, then "svn copy" it to
> "Subversion.tmbundle/Tools". Then, when you have new changes ready to
> go, commit the new "build/CommitWindow.app", and then svn merge it
> into "Subversion.tmbundle/Tools".
>
> But it's awkward either way. Probably less work to remove and add.

I'd suggest looking into svn:external, it will allow you to effectively
#include other directories as subdirs at other locations.  This way you
won't have the copy/merge ongoing work, as svn will treat the multiple
directories as one in the db.  It's a lot like a symlink (but only
works for directories.)

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html

Bob Fleck