[SVN] Bundle commit 215

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Feb 9 21:52:16 UTC 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 22:14, Eric Hsu wrote:

>> Yes, sounds like a good idea. But where should that directory be by
>> default? And should it be "dynamic"? i.e. should this only be for
>> tools bundled with TM, and so, it would point to
>> "TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundle Support/" or similar?
> Would it be wrong to have it point to a folder in the same directory
> as Textmate.app?  It would be nice not to show bundle contents to
> install a utility.

But if this is a directory outside the TextMate.app bundle, it
complicates drag-install (and requires some sort of setup).

So I'd say either it's inside the application bundle, or it's somewhere
in Library/Application Support/TextMate, and _maybe_ TextMate copies
stuff to that location by default/first run, but AFAIK currently TM
won't create that directory until it is actually required (by user
customization) and I'd like to keep it that way -- i.e. not copy stuff
to the users harddisk unless it cannot be avoided.