[SVN] Bundle commit 179

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Thu Feb 3 22:49:27 UTC 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 5:48 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>>> For top level we could use sourcecode, text and markup.
>>>
>> I'd be tempted to shorten "sourcecode" to "source".
>>

> How about code then instead?

Sure. I mean, I could live with sourcecode, I don't feel strongly about
it, but shorter is easier to type.

>> Q: Where do makefiles and diff and iCalendar fit in?
>>

> We could do: text, markup, script, and code. So makefiles are script
> and iCalendar (I assume) is markup?

iCalendar is one of those
XML-would-be-perfect-for-this-so-let's-not-use-XML formats (one result
is that iCal doesn't always handle time zone differences correctly --
meanwhile, XML has a perfectly nice, unambiguous date standard). So
yeah, it's structured text: markup.

> Not sure if script/code separation will insult some. Maybe script
> should just be makefile, bash etc. and ruby, php, perl etc. is code.

I guess I'd skip "script" and go with "code", unless you envision that
distinction being useful for automation. I do tend to think of python
and ruby as code.

Chris