[SVN] Invisibles bundle still needed?

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Tue Apr 26 20:38:16 UTC 2005

At 7:33 PM +0200 4/26/05, Torsten Becker wrote:
>  > Looks like it's obsoleted by the Text Utilities bundle and the native
>>  Show Invisibles support?
>>
>>  (Tangential thought: "show invisibles" might be nice as a per-scope
>>  setting, to clarify XML files and such.)
>
>Well I actually used it from time to time to see if the document used
>tabs or not,

Yeah! Someone's still using it! First my command-line tool was
obsoleted, now my Invisibles. Snuffle.

>  so if there is no bundle now, I would like to request a
>way to view tabs with the 'Show Invisibles' option in the View menu.

But actually, the Show Invisibles does show tabs (though not spaces).
Is that insufficient? Or do you want the markings brighter?

My big issue with the built-in Show Invisibles is that pesky
'illegal' characters are hard to see, whereas in my
Invisibles.tmbundle, they were in hot red. Otherwise, it's far
superior to see the invisibles along with other syntax coloring...

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu