[SVN] Beta 7

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Tue Apr 26 15:02:00 UTC 2005

At 4:48 PM +0200 4/26/05, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>- opened from my dock icon.  Got error "There is no application to
>>open document null".
>
>Actually ~7 months ago (before release) a beta tester had a similar
>problem. But we never figured out what it was.
>
>>Tried opening it again.  Still hangs ... and
>>doesn't make a new pref file.  Any suggestions?

No suggestions,  except to say I've been having this problem starting
around 1.1b5. The symptoms are the dock icon won't launch, and also
when selecting "Open with which application?" multiple TMs show up,
even though I archive all previous versions...  Another symptom is
that the service won't run. My only fix has been to start it from the
original application icon, and that has always worked for me.

>If the caret is at a column lower than the (estimated) current
>indent level, and you press tab, it will insert enough tabs to reach
>the current indent level.
>
>When pressing tab, if everything to the left of the caret is
>whitespace and the current line has an indent level lower than the
>estimated current indent, then enough tabs are inserted to give the
>line the same indent level as the estimated current indent, and the
>caret is placed at this new indent level.

I love these small useful changes that sneak into each release!

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu