[SVN] Beta 7

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Apr 26 14:48:21 UTC 2005

On Apr 26, 2005, at 16:28, Kumar McMillan wrote:

> - opened from my dock icon.  Got error "There is no application to
> open document null".

Actually ~7 months ago (before release) a beta tester had a similar
problem. But we never figured out what it was.

> Tried opening it again.  Still hangs ... and
> doesn't make a new pref file.  Any suggestions?

try this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/
LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r /Applications

It will rebuild the LS database (though only adding stuff from
/Applications), I think this one is to blame, but I'm not really sure.

Then launch TextMate but *not* from the doc, instead use a Finder
window pointing at the actual instance.