[SVN] LaTeX notes, r720

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Apr 25 19:07:35 UTC 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 20:00, Robert Ullrey wrote:

>> 2. The new localhost workaround for PDFLaTeX seems to require Apache
>> to be running. I don't have an issue with that personally, but I
>> wonder about its suitability for broader use.

Not really -- I'll look into making the web kit read file:// again
(after Apple apparently disabled it).

> I wonder if using a Ruby on Rails server or even a little python
> server would provide to support needed.

That's a terrific idea! I think for both Perl and Ruby, the web-server
is an add-on not included with OS X out-of-the-box. But Python actually
does come with an HTTPServer class that can handle the job in a few
dozen lines. Although currently I'm not sure how I can shut down the
server after it has completed the job.

However, getting file:// to work again would be best, because there are
also other commands that need it, like when using the HTML output as a
documentation browser. In worst case I can always just extend the
txmt://-scheme to be responsible for the redirect to file://.