[SVN] Bundle commit 651 (PHP)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Apr 22 10:47:59 UTC 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 12:40, Max Williams wrote:

> html (php) also makes TextMate freeze. Maybe you could repeat whatever
> you did with the css file on it?

Actually that's because “HTML (PHP)” includes “CSS (PHP)”. So if your
HTML had <style>...</style> in it, that'd cause the freeze.

> Is there any need for these different language options anymore, why
> would someone need to set the language to css (php)? Don't theming and
> scope make it unnecessary?  Correct me if I am wrong.

That's just because Mats was considered enough not to overwrite the
main HTML/CSS files with his Pastel Dark colors -- he'll replace the
original files over the next day(s).

There still is a minor problem with whether the HTML file should
include PHP, ASP, Ruby, JSP, etc.

But I guess we can let the main HTML include PHP for <?...?> and Ruby
for <%...%> and then we'll need a special HTML (ASP) and HTML (JSP).
These however will most likely be able to just include the base HTML
file and only define a single rule for the embedded stuff.... well...
except that one can also embed stuff inside strings and tags...