[SVN] Code Themes (was Re: Indenting style in snippets)

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at science.uva.nl
Mon Apr 11 20:46:52 UTC 2005

On 11-04-2005 12:16, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> Yeah... not sure exactly how to solve this (especially since I probably
> want this in the style sheets, see next item). Most likely I will need
> some sort of GUI/wizard to create/edit style sheets (which btw
> desperately need a better name), so such GUI could make this easer --
> this is something that'll need a bit of trial-and-error (with regard to
> all settings). While the style sheets are very simple and extremely
> flexible, I'm quite sure a lot of people won't get a good first
> impression of TM if changing tab size involves opening up a style sheet
> and entering “source { tab-size: 4; }” ;)

What about "precision paint factory blowup" ? ;-)
(A few years back, in a MUD I played, someone was yelling in all sorts of
colours and the immortal that kicked him out of there complained about
his screen looking like a blown up paint factory ;))

But seriously, what about "code theme"?

I'd be happy to test the GUI for something like that and I think TM
should come bundled with a few globally acceptable "code themes" so that
most users will feel right at home (-steal-, I mean reverse engineer from
vim, emacs, SEE, BBEdit ?)

And perhaps a tutorial or simple walkthrough on how users can change the
settings there? If you take them by the hand through it all, they won't
mind doing things like that, I think.

Jeroen.

--
               "We apologize for the inconvenience"
            (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")