[TxMt] Re: Prevent Identation not working

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Wed Jan 15 17:06:34 UTC 2014

> On 14 Jan 2014, at 23:39, Matt Neuburg wrote:
>
>> […] What I'm trying to ascertain now is merely whether
>>
>> { disableIndentCorrections = :true; }
>>
>> actually does anything (as claimed by the FAQ) and if so, what. m.
>
> It disables indent corrections. Indent corrections happen when you type on a line, and TextMate thinks the indent of the line should be different than what it currently is.
>
> Pressing return creates a new line and that new line gets initial indent according to the active rules and the lines above. This does not count as an “indent correction”.

Well, I don't think that that is what is expressed by the FAQ, which says: "You can disable the auto-indentation entirely by adding a new settings item (scoped to the language) as follows: { disableIndentCorrections = :true; }"

I suggest that the FAQ be amended for clarity and accuracy.

(I do not know whether also to suggest an additional setting that does what the FAQ currently says this setting does, but I think it might not be a bad idea. One might want to say, as I did, "shelter me from inherited autoindentation rules, wherever they are coming from.")

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do