[TxMt] Re: Do I have to pay for the final TM 2 license key?

Leo Brewin leo.brewin at monash.edu
Fri Jul 19 07:26:02 UTC 2013

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/limechat-irc-client/id298766460?mt=8

> 2. Read my posts again, maybe then you might get some idea.
> 3. I am not. Im the one who have been targeted and insulted. Read the posts.

I have read your posts, why do you think I'm in this discussion? You ask for people to be kind to you but you set the tone in your opening post so stop playing the victim. You wrote

> It seems to me that the Open Source tag is a ploy to 'attract' developers,
> however, keeping the revenue to the owner himself.

I think that is a very harsh judgement to make of Allan. He is putting in an enormous effort to produce an exceptional piece of software and you quibble over a few dollars. Where is your sense of fairness? How selfish are you? I'd suggest you'd do well to offer Allan an apology.

> 5. I do not like to be forced to 'donate'. It voids the term 'donation',
> don't you agree?

Do I agree? Absolutely not. You seem to place your (perceived) right to not pay for the use of Textmate above those of the developer to set the terms and conditions for that software. Allan's rights as the developer trumps any rights you think you might have. You have to decide if the terms set by Allan are ones that you can accept. If not, find some other software that meets your needs. There is a vast array of choices available, find one and then please leave us alone.

Leo Brewin