[TxMt] Re: still problems with matplotlib

Tony S Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:32:17 UTC 2010

> Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
> On 10 Jan 2010, at 14:04, Claus wrote:
>> I removed the tm_interactive_input.dylib, however TM (python bundle
>> -- run script) is still keeps running for a long time until I "stop
>> task", no error message.
>>
>> Does anybody have other ideas?
>

> Run ps/pstree to see if Python is running.
>
> Use ‘sample «pid»’ to sample the python process, that might give an
> idea of why it is stalling.
>
> Try minimize your script to the smallest possible that can reproduce
> the problem.

I'm having the same problem as Claus; removing tm_interactive_input.dylib did not help on my system either.

This problem can be reproduced with the following 2 lines:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plt.plot([0,1])

Unfortunately, the script doesn't appear in the list of processes displayed by "ps", but it shows up as a Python process that's "not responding" in the Quit Applications menu (Command-Option-Escape) and Activity Monitor.

Claus; to answer your earlier question (off list): I'm relatively certain this issue is not related to your particular install of matplotlib. I've tried older revisions of Matplotlib (where previously, I did not observe this issue) and they now exhibit this issue.

I noticed this issue shortly after updating to TextMate r1589 (automatic "cutting-edge" update) and OS X 10.6.2 (minor version update): both around the same time. Is there a way to revert to an older revision of TextMate to see if this issue was caused by something in the update?

Also of note: A friend of mine has the same issue, but, only on his machine running 10.6---another machine runs 10.5 and does not have this issue.

-Tony