[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

podperson tloewald at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:50:58 UTC 2008

Gerd Knops-2 wrote:
> Count me as a vote against. I much rather check in one place
> (Mail.app) than on a bunch of web pages, all with a different (and
> often annoying) UI.

Mail is where I want stuff that's sent TO ME.

The web is where I want large repositories of useful information I may or
may not be interested in.

Forums can let you be notified by email of responses to a thread. (Oddly
enough, Nabble does this by default which gets me two copies of everything
in my mailbox until I turn it off.)

I regularly visit about five different forums and infrequently visit about
thirty others. If this were all mailing lists, just deleting crap would be a
full-time job. I actually have junk mail filters automatically deleting crap
from old mailing lists I can't seem to unsubscribe to.