[TxMt] Assembly language patterns

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sat Apr 5 14:24:40 UTC 2008

On Apr 5, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Edward K. Chew wrote:
> On 5-Apr-08, at 9:08 AM, Luke Daley wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ted,
>>
>> There is a page in the manual on this.
>>
>> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/language_grammars#naming_conventions
>>
>> LD.
>
> Thanks, Luke.  I have looked at that page, and the existing
> conventions seem to cater mostly to compiled or scripted languages.
> Assembly languages are certainly varied, but do tend to share some
> common elements that could use their own naming scheme.

I had the same experience when adding a language definition for SX uC
assembler. And if you make up your own, downside is that you will also
need to add syntax highlighting to all themes you use.

Since I am not intending of making mine public, I kind of went
backwards: In the preferences I looked how the various scopes were
highlighted, and picked based on that, adding ".assembler" to all. I
still had to make up a few to get the highlighting balanced. I am sure
the language police would object strongly, but it works fine for my
purposes.

Gerd