[TxMt] [Latex] file paths

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Mar 22 19:35:19 UTC 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Helge Hartmann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Two Problems on the Latex bundle.

[snipped example]

> When I now drag file file_1_2.tex into  file_2_1.tex,
> I get
>
> \include{../subfolder1/file_1_2.tex}
>
> The problem is, that I´get an error, because the file
> can not be found. The file path has to be
>
> \include{subfolder1/file_1_2.tex}
>
> because it depends on the master file. But when I then
> invoke the command "Show outline", the file file_1_2.tex
> is not found, because it expects the path as the first
> statement.

Hm, that's an interesting case, I'll have to think about that, though
keep in mind that \include's can't be nested:
http://www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/textprocessing/teTeX/latex/
latex2e-html/ltx-245.html
(look towards the end)

> Another problem is, that latex does not typeset the
> files, that where included.

That's LaTeX's fault ;)

> Why does the drag command
> produce a include command?

I just thought it would be nice touch ;)
What would you want it to do? Paste the entire file contents?

> Helge

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College