[TxMt] Why Auto-Completion (option-escape) does not work in Rails?

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Sat Mar 10 17:33:31 UTC 2007

On Mar 10, 2007, at 5:01 AM, Human Dunnil wrote:

> Running Textmate Version 1.5.5 (1368), Auto-Completion does not work
> in Rails projects (option-escape), it works great in Ruby scripts, but
> not Rails. May someone please help me find the problem?

I was exploring this issue a bit yesterday.  It have trouble with
some Rails projects and I have not been able to figure out what
causes it.  I now have one that it fails on myself.

Martin Hess has done a little research into when the command does and
doesn't work and found the following scenarios to be problematic:

* Never works inside a def
* Doesn't work in views
* Works outside a def in
	- models
	- helpers
	- the application controller, but not in any of its children -
           this is very strange
	-migration

These appear to be normal behavior for rcodetools though, and not
related to my wrapping of the command.

James Edward Gray II