[TxMt] two minor find quibbles

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Tue Jun 12 04:41:16 UTC 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 8:08 PM, Jay Soffian wrote:

> 2. I was somewhat surprised to discover that regular expressions
> can match across multiple lines. Or rather, I was surprised that
> TextMate feeds the regex engine the entire buffer instead of a line
> at a time. This is powerful, but it would also be nice to have a
> checkbox to force TextMate to feed the regex line at a time.

I'd find it pretty worthless if it didn't… ;) Generally speaking
though I'm not sure what your meaning, you have to specifically match
the newline character somehow, so if you don't want to match multi-
line simply don't match a newline no? It uses the Oniguruma syntax so
yo can also change the method the . character type matches, newlines
or no newlines.

<http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/doc/RE.txt>