[TxMt] Python Import

Tony S Yu tonyyu at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 21 07:39:42 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 2:08 AM, Alex Ross wrote:
>> BTW, sys.path gives the same output in Textmate and the Terminal
>> window, except that Textmate appends the Textmate path and the
>> Desktop, while Terminal appends the present working directory.
>
> Presumably '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
> Extras/lib/python/PyObjC' is on sys.path in both instances?

Sweet! This fixed the problem.

Neither sys.path (in Textmate and Terminal) have path to PyObjC
listed. When I add this path to my PYTHONPATH, I'm able to import objc
in Textmate. This doesn't explain why I was able to import objc in the
Terminal window before, but I'm happy that this is atleast working.

Thanks again Alex!