[TxMt] Compiling Latex with TextMate ???

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:01:06 UTC 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> I'm going to give some more thought to how we can allow users to
> provide their own custom latex compile scripts without creating
> their own command in TextMate.

Any reason why we can't just offer the user the option of a "custom
script" in the popup, with a text field next to it for them to write
the full path to the script? Then, I think, users should be able to
port their "engines" from TeXShop just fine. (Btw, I think your use
of the word "engine" in the menu might be slightly different than
TeXShop's).

In other words, just like they now select latexmk.pl, they should be
allowed to type an arbitrary path to a shell script there. (That was
in fact the point of the TM_LATEX_COMPILER variable).

Btw, why is latexmk.pl an option in the popup? Is it independent of
the four options there?

> Brad

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College