[TxMt] Experimental Flickr Bundle

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Sun Apr 22 15:44:06 UTC 2007

I've been playing with the Flickr API.  The ruby wrapper needed a lot
of work and I've only begun tweaking it, but here's the start for
anyone who's interested.  It allows you to insert an image tag for an
image from either a specific photoset or from a search of your own
images.  It uses simple popup dialogs and if you have a ton of images
in a result set (100+), might be a little awkward.  Each command lets
you choose from the available sizes for each image.

You need to run the authorize command first, which will open a
browser window to authorize the bundle.  Then return to TextMate and
confirm the dialog and it will write a token to the bundle
directory.  As I'm writing this, I'm realizing I should probably put
that somewhere else, but it works for now.

I'm thinking about eventually making an image browser, but it would
be slow so I need to think about caching the files, and at that
point... I have to figure out if it's worth the time.  The goal is to
make it simple to insert Flickr images in your blog posts, so we'll
see where it goes.