[TxMt] Anybody else who LIKES to use the mouse?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 14:24:19 UTC 2007

Gerd Knops wrote:

> So am I really alone, or are there others out there like me? If yes,
> please speak up! I think we need to join and speak up, so that Alan
> knows we exist and stops catering exclusively to the "keyboard only" users!
>
> My name is Gerd, and I like to use the mouse!

I like the mouse, actually I like my trackball and its scrollwheel.

I'm also switching back and forth between OSX and WinXP and the keyboard
shortcuts don't tally.

switching between ctrl and alt for editing is the trickiest challenge.

ctrl-V, C and X on winXP for paste, copy and cut translate to alt(my
command key)-V, C and X on OS X

learning the keyboard shortcuts using a IBM keyboard on OS X is a
nightmare, trust me!

some of the combinations are very uncomfortable.

I'm hoping to switch to an Intel Mac sometime soon, so maybe then I'll
be more interested in Keyboarding, but I still suspect that I'll *need*
my mouse.

;o)