[TxMt] full-screen mode feature request.

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon May 22 15:56:02 UTC 2006

On 22/5/2006, at 9:48, Francis Dierick wrote:

> I don't know if this will be of interest to users of TxtMt but some
> users like a text editor to be able to go into full-screen mode [...]

It has come up in the past (where I turned down the request) and it
also has a ticket [1].

Though I do have an experimental/proof-of-concept full screen mode
for 2.0, but it sucks big time, because it blocks things like cmd-tab
and zoom mode (all the full screen API’s I have found seems to do
that), doesn’t progressively show/hide the menu bar etc. not to speak
about handling windows/dialogs/sheets which may come up while in full
screen mode etc. -- so a lot of polish is required for this to be
useful, and that is _very_ low on my list, because just pressing the
+ in the title bar effectively gives you a full screen window without
all these problems.

[1] http://macromates.com/ticket/show?ticket_id=2F8450CD