[TxMt] Re: overwriting opening tag doesn't mirror on the closing tag.

Theorik theorik at gmx.de
Wed May 3 08:07:14 UTC 2006

Scripsit Eric O'Brien diē 3.5.2006 6:58:
> On May 2, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Alain Ravet wrote:
>
>> James

[using ^-<]

Changing an already existing pair of tags (i.e. one not just inserted
using ^-<) only works for me using Home and End keys, as suggested in
Duane's screencast and provided in his bundle advertised yesterday…  Is
that what you are looking for, Alain?

>> It did, thanks
>>    (for 1. I pressed control-<, no shift)
>
> Technically, you can't really press the "<" without also pressing the
> shift key, as "<" is a shifted comma (as it were).  At least on US/
> English keyboards.  So I'm not really sure what keys you were
> pressing there!
>
> That is:  "^-<" is the same as "^-shift-,"  [On my keyboard, anyway]

On my keyboard, ^-shift-< means ^->, because on a German keyboard, "<"
is on the additional key found on (most? all?) European keyboards.

(This is a problem with some few TextMate mappings; especially mappings
with the [shift and] option key can be annoying if one regularly uses
the special characters that can be produced this way.  But fortunately
nobody has come up with the idea of standardly mapping something to
Opt-l = @ or Opt-e = €!  For the same reason, any mapping containing
something like Opt-\ doesn't work: Opt-Shift-7 => Opt-/ or Shift-| => \.
  Sorry for the digression.)

[...]
> Just after the part where Allan's movie show's   div => DIV => div
> you can hear him say
>
>     "Then I can tab into the body of this tag..."

... and tab back, Shift-Tab on my keyboard ;-), to change the just
inserted enclosing tags. Very nice, indeed.  Why is it restricted to
text.html in the "official" bundle, because it might make sense for
text.xml etc., too?

Cheers,
Bernhard