[TxMt] How Long Must We Wait for CVS Support?

Sebastian Friedrich sebastian at feldpost.com
Tue Jun 27 16:30:57 UTC 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Court K. wrote:
>  I can't name one fortune 100, or fortune 500, or company with over
> 50 employees using subversion. Although I wish more were

as you (hopefully) have figured out by now, repeatedly waving that
Fortune-500 flag won't get you anywhere on this list -- and
rightfully so. You might have a point that version control support in
general (SVN, CVS or whatever) cannot currently be solved by bundles
in a completely satisfying way -- as Chris Thomas pointed out very
nicely in a previous post -- and there are probably many more people
here who would like to see better native integration of SVN (and
maybe even CVS) in future versions. However, the way you are
presenting your arguments feels like a case study in counter-
productivity and any valid concerns you might have raised have long
been voided by your pointlessly obstreperous tone.

Sebastian