[TxMt] Customising bundles

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Jul 31 13:07:13 UTC 2006

On 31/7/2006, at 7:57, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> [...] So that when you customise an item in a bundle, it will make
> a copy of that specific entry, and place it first (or last) of all
> the items (snippets, languages, commands etc), with a big delimiter
> between "your" stuff and the bundle default stuff

Currently default stuff (or svn checkouts) should not be in ~/
Library. In ~/Library only your modifications are stored.

> This could upen up for revert commands, and perhaps even diff
> commands. Also, if you delete something from the original, it can
> show up among your things with a big linethrough.
> Perhaps one should also be able to see what sort of "own" things
> has been forked off original things, so you can compare with the
> original. Also, you can add your entirely new items into a logical
> bundle, and you will see that it is yours entirely and not built
> off an original.

This is already possible with the current system, and something along
the lines is on the to-do, my last comments on the topic are here:
http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2006-July/011606.html