[TxMt] Basic Ruby Syntax Necessities

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 04:15:10 UTC 2006

Howdy

Does anyone other than me find it strange that the Ruby syntax
doesn't even handle basic stuff like keyword operators?
Don't get me wrong, it's one of the most touched language syntaxes
out there.
It finally just got folding the other day :-/

Anyway. I added a few things to Mats Experimental Ruby & Rails Ruby
language syntax[1] and made my own version of it[2]
Mostly just cosmetic stuff.

I also updated my Brilliance Black theme[3] to color the new stuff i
added.

I had been waiting for language injection, but i just couldn't stand
all the gray anymore.
Eventually i'm going to add a Ruby.bracketed language to add nested
group coloring and junk ala javascript bracketed[4]

To actually use this new Ruby Experimental Extra syntax[2] you'll
need to already have Mats Experimental Ruby & Rails Ruby language
syntax[1] installed.

Well anyway, enjoy.

If anyone has any objections with my adding this stuff to the
official ruby syntax, speak now.

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2006-May/010382.html
[2] http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/Rails%20Extras%
20subtleGradient.tmbundle/Syntaxes/Ruby%20Experimental%
20Extra.tmLanguage
[3] In the official TextMate repo
[4] http://textmate.svn.subtlegradient.com/Bundles/

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient