[TxMt] Question to LaTeX bundle users

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Thu Jan 26 09:15:16 UTC 2006

> I am currently working on the various completion commands in the
> latex bundle, and I am considering dropping bibdesk support in the
> completion commands in the following way: Instead of asking bibdesk
> for the completion list, I have a command read that does the
> following:
> 	 It collects a list of bib files from the following locations:
> 1. the files pointed to by the environment (or project specific)
> variable TM_LATEX_BIB, space separated (use quotes if the filename
> contains spaces).

So what do I write into the value field of the TM_LATEX_BIB variable?
Do I need to write in the path or only the file name?

> 2. If either the file pointed to by the variable TM_LATEX_MASTER,
> or the current document (if saved), or both, contain any text of
> the form \bibliography{bibfile}, it adds this bibfile to the list
> of bib files to examine.
>
> 	It scans all these bib files for the cite keys, and uses those for
> completion. It will look for titles for the pop-up menu. So there
> will be (actually there already are) two commands, one that works
> with Esc (normal completion) and one that brings up a pop-up of
> possible completions.

Will this also work, if I use "footcite" for citing? And what would
the shortcut be for this way of completion? The same as before (Cmd-
Esc)?

> The main question is whether calling Bibdesk has any advantages
> compared to the approach I outlined above, and whether the approach
> above misses something. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

I'm no expert for Bibdesk at all, so I can't give any valuable
opinion. All in all, this sounds very promising to me (no need for
Bibdesk to be opened, faster, etc.).

Thanks for your work on the LaTeX bundle!!
Oliver