[TxMt] merging UUIDs

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Sun Apr 9 05:45:47 UTC 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 04:09:44 +0200, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>The official recommendation is actually to checkout to /Library :p

Ok, ok, you're right. ;P

>I assume 'recommendation' then refers to one of the suggestions in
>the recent "how do you manage customizations"-thread!?!

Yeah, I don't know where I got that crazy idea. ;P

I was using /Library for the cutting-edge bundles, but then realized
that the only newly updated things I could access where those I hadn't
already modified.

Are you implying that using svn to merge updates is NOT recommended?

Surely TM will someday have functionality to ease merging built in. Any
hints you can give to keep us from wandering down a path of deprecation?

Thanks for the UUID explanation... I'll see about writing a script to
ease the process.