[TxMt] Ditch the drawer

Jack Baty jbaty at fusionary.com
Wed Nov 23 16:18:02 UTC 2005

On 11/23/05, Indranil Dasgupta <indranil at troidus.com> wrote:
> I love the drawer. It makes my life a lot easier. I can easily check
> out names and such things through it.
> And, if it was integrated, like iTunes or Mail, wouldn't it again eat
> up space. I think it's more of a personal preference.

One more thing about drawers in general is that I tend to click on
open drawers accidentally, mistaking them for another window I'm
trying to bring forward. The drop shadows and different (vertical)
sizes of drawers create yet another visual layer; adding to the
general "clutter" of my desktop.

That said, I'm trying to get the hang of using cmd-t more frequently,
which would reduce my reliance upon the drawer. I freakin' love
TextMate.

--
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com