[TxMt] columnar selection/typing

Dameron Midgette dameron at body-knowledge.com
Thu Mar 31 22:46:16 UTC 2005

Hi  there!
     I'm working with a bunch of addresses in tab-separated format. I
can find and replace to work with the columns, but I'd also like to be
able to do it manually, (columnar typing?). I vaguely remember some
example videos of columns of text floating around, and I searched the
list, but I'm not clear if it will suit my needs.
     Problem: I can't select columns easily, because the tabs don't
align the data. Option, then Shift-Option-Right Arrow to select,
creates a rectangular selection based on the selection at the line of
origin (highlighted). I can't seem to find the way to have the text
actually line up in columns (if there is one..)
     Is there a solution to this?
     I hope this is clear enough, thanks for your time.

											Cheers,

											Dameron