[TxMt] Minor Quibble

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Apr 30 09:00:15 UTC 2005

On Apr 30, 2005, at 5:28, Erich Ocean wrote:

> Traditionally, changing a menu item from Close <Something> to Close
> All <Somethings> is done by holding down the Option key, not the
> Control key. I had been wishing for a Close All Tabs command, and it
> finally dawned on me that you might be using some other modifier so I
> began trying them all...

Cmd-option-W was already taken (Soft Wrap) when I added the Close All
Tabs, that's why it got control.

I try to keep (toggling) options on cmd-option, so I should probably
leave it as it is, unless I'm shown some sacred AHIG scrolls that
instructs me to do otherwise! ;)

That it has traditionally been option is most likely just because the
priority for an additional modifier is shift -> option -> control.