[TxMt] Column selection navigation

Robert M.Zigweid rzigweid at zigweid.net
Sun Apr 10 18:31:39 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2005, at 18:19, Robert M.Zigweid wrote:
>
>> I'm probably daft and just not finding it, but what I cannot find is
>> a way to navigate inside of a columnar selection.  There are several
>> situations in which I want to make a change in the middle of a column
>> selection, instead of the edge, or even more likely more than one
>> change in said selection.  Simple arrow movement certainly isn't the
>> way as that undoes the selection.  What is the obvious thing that I'm
>> missing?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, maybe post an example of the
> text you want to change?
>
> But to “enter” the selection you can press cmd-option-A (works for
> normal selections only). This places the caret on the end of the first
> line, you can move it backwards and make changes.
Even if there is a way to enter a selection from a normal selection,
this doesn't make navigating a columnar selection any easier.

This can happen in any number of situations.  I've had the situation of
having cut and pastes missing trailing ';'s (in c) and a typo in the
selection at the same time. This is just an example.  Two columnar
selections can obviously solve this, but it would be more convenient to
be able to move within the selection to solve both problems than having
to do two of them