[TxMt] Re: [TextMate] workarounds for lack of (s)ftp/external editing support?

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Tue Oct 26 20:01:06 UTC 2004

it's not exactly a "workaround" to editing remote files on a server,
but our dev team here is setup with rsync which is much much easier.

In TextMate, I just have a command (tied to a Key) that saves all files
in my project and syncs my ~/Sites directory with the dev server's
~/public_html
It runs a script that looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

rsync -auv --delete ~/Sites kumar at dev:~/public_html

and voila, only modified files are uploaded.  The other developers on
our team do this in Emacs on Linux but TextMate has the Key command
option which is nice.  The rsync method is more useful to me than
command-J'ing files from Transmit into BBEdit or SubEtha.

While I'm at it... here is my vote for making Subversion/CVS
integration a higher priority than sftp!  It is a little trickier to do
cvs/svn commands in TextMate currently.