[TextMate] Printing options?

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Mon Oct 25 04:48:41 UTC 2004

On 25/10/2004, at 1:55 PM, José Campos wrote:

>> But printing plain text from a plain text editor is really alien to me
>> ;) so I was curious, what options do people expect to see?
>
>     Something like BBEdit print options?

Allan doesn't own BBEdit, and it's best that he doesn't really see how
other's do it... best off coming up with own solution -- safer,
cleaner, and more chance of innovation.

>> I.e. should it always be soft wrapped? Should the font be changeable
>> in
>> the printing dialog, or just use the document font? Should it have the
>> option to print with/without line numbers? Another tab-size? How about
>> syntax-highlight, should that be turned into b/w (there's a quartz
>> filter to turn it into grey-scale by default)? etc. etc.
>
>     All these parameters should be available in the print dialog box,
> or
> (let's dream :) in the Preference dialog box

They should be in the print dialogue, and be "remembered" between
prints.  In addition,  I like the idea that I could have a couple of
different sets of print dialogues preset and available as pull-down
menu, much like the printer defaults and saved settings in OS X, and
the PDF export options of programs like InDesign.

>     Add option to set manual page break in the document (perhaps this
> does already exists?) and a print preview (or at least see page break
> as
> grey line in the document window)

Too much... it's not a word processor :)  I think an option in the
print dialogue which makes bookmarks (those stars) act like forced page
breaks would be plenty.

>     Insert header in every page of the document with file path, date
> last saved, insert page footer with page number and total number of
> page
> of the document etc...

And if this header was customisable with TM_* variables (and some new
vars), etc etc, that would be great.

Justin