[TextMate] Set Mark

Wayne Larsen waynelarsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 04:53:39 UTC 2004

Hi all,

With window splitting implemented, I may consider switching from
emacs.  One thing that gets me though is that 'Set Mark' does not seem
to work properly.  I use this all the time to select a block of text
without having to hold down shift.  "setMark:" is set in my Default
Key Binding, yet I get the blip of unknown command from TextMate when
I try to use it.  This works great in TextEdit, btw.

What do other people use to select text without using the mouse?  I
could hold down shift, but then that blocks me from using my other
bindings (^p and ^n for line up and down respectively).  Is shift and
the arrow keys the only option?

Thanks,
Wayne