[TextMate] Text clarity (Pragmata font, semi-OT)

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Wed Oct 20 08:22:11 UTC 2004

On 20/10/2004, at 5:59 PM, Simon Dorfman wrote:

> I'm currently using Monaco 13pt with anti-aliasing turned on.  I'm
> working
> on a CRT 17" at 1152x864.  I've tried ProFont and numerous others.
> ProFont
> looks good at 9pt.  But that's too small for me.  I'm still searching
> for
> coding font nirvana.  A largeish (14pt), crisp, non-anti-aliased, font
> is
> what I'm looking for.
>
> What's your font story?  What font, size, non-/anti-alias, screen type,
> resolution?

On a 17" LCD @ 1280x1024, I'm currently using:
   Annandale Mono
   11pt
   AA turned on

But that's only in TM -- when in BBEdit, I was using Monaco at 9pt with
no AA...

I think my point is that in a few days I can get used to anything, but
evidently I like my fonts a lot smaller than you do.

Annandale Mono looks good at 14pt with AA off, and good at 16pt with AA
off too -- give it a try?

Justin