[TextMate] Left Padding

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Oct 18 18:23:57 UTC 2004

On 18. Oct 2004, at 16:01, Michael Sheets wrote:

>> There already is 2 pixels?!?
> Sorry, I meant 2-3 more, not total. If the small padding is so good
> why is there more on the top? ;)

That's a bug! ;)

Well, I think I initially did 6 pixels on each of the sides, but when I
added gutter-stuff, I made it 2 pixels between folding-markers and end
of gutter (and/or line numbers etc.), so I removed some to make it
symmetrical.

I don't like too much padding, e.g. NSTextView seems to be using 1.5
times the width of a character or so, and that makes it hard for me to
see how much stuff is indented.

But I can probably be persuaded to add two more pixels.

Kind regards Allan