[TextMate] Handling file extensions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Oct 15 10:55:17 UTC 2004

On 15. Oct 2004, at 12:28, Jarkko Laine wrote:

> I fixed this by adding the extensions to Info.plist file in TextMate
> application folder, but I fear it gets replaced when upgrading.

Well, I added them to the master copy as well! ;)

> Besides, I guess there's (or should be) a way a bundle developer could
> add file extensions TextMate (with a given bundle) can handle. Any
> pointers on how to obtain this?

Yes, some way for the user/bundle developer to educate TM about known
good text file extensions would be a nice addition!

I guess for the next version I can let it additionally check the
extensions given in the various syntax files.  Additionally I can put a
“Treat File as Text|Binary” in the per file context menu (in the
project drawer), and the user will then be able to change the status of
a file (and TM will remember it).

Kind regards Allan