[TextMate] Feature request: notification of keyboard shortcut duplication

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Oct 10 04:13:49 UTC 2004

On 10. Oct 2004, at 5:59, bongoman wrote:

> I'm guessing that if you do enter a shortcut that has already been
> taken, TextMate fails to then display it in the corresponding menu?

Yes, this is currently a Cocoa limitation.

The ability to use the same key equivalent multiple times as actually a
feature. If you assign e.g. F5 to multiple macros, you'll get a menu
when you press F5 (allowing you to choose which of the macros you
want).  This behavior is so far only for macros, but it should be
extended to customize everything which allows for a key binding.

In the future I may also make an 'inspector' sort of thing, to see what
keys bind to, or at least some sort of centralized key bindings editor.

Kind regards Allan