[TextMate] Working with multiple screens

Scott Barron scott at elitists.net
Thu Oct 7 19:42:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 08:37:34PM +0100, Drew McLellan wrote:
> I usually work with an additional monitor plugged into my Powerbook at
> home, but not at work.
>
> If I accidentally leave anything open on the external monitor before
> disconnecting everything, on restoring the affected application the
> window is pulled onto screen. That is to say, if at any time the desktop
> area is reduced, windows readjust their position so not to be lost.
>
> TextMate doesn't seem to be doing this.
>
> I connected up my external monitor this evening to find a window that
> had been 'lost' all day!
>
> drew.

Hmm, I use dual head on my ibook and if I pull the monitor plug out
textmate does come back to the LCD screen though it's size is a little
wonky.  It looks like it does try to resize but that perhaps it's not
taking the size of the drawer into account.  It's not positioned
perfectly zoomed, as it was on the monitor screen (which is of a higher
resolution than the LCD).  That's my experience anyway.

-Scott